Friday 10 February 2017

A Poem A Day 30



Parting Pantoum

I wanted to beat writer’s block
With a poem a day, for a month
Friends encouraged me, much to my shock
And I wrote every day without stint.

With a poem a day, for a month
Such a public vow, I dared not stop
And I wrote every day without stint
The muse being present or not.

Such a public vow, I dared not stop
But the strangest thing started to happen
The muse being present or not
I still found the joy of creation.

And the strangest thing started to happen
My muted voice started to soar
Rediscovering the joy of creation
With each poem, I found so much more.

As my muted voice started to soar
I was met with encouragement, daily
With each poem I met so much more
As community reached out to bless me.

I was met with encouragement, daily
And friends added their voices to mine
As community reached out to bless me
It was greater than I, was divine.

When friends added their voices to mine
I was able to break writer’s block
It was greater than I, was divine
Your encouragement, much to my shock.


 Kerry Miller


Here endeth my "Poem A Day" challenge.  Not quite 30 consecutive days, but 30 poems nonetheless. I have surprised myself, written things quite different to anything I've written before, and found inspiration when I thought I had none - and I really have to thank all of you who wrote with me, encouraged me, and cheered me on.  Thank you.  

Here's to continuing the creative thread!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

To comment
1. Select an account, if you have one, or choose Anonymous, from the drop down menu.
2. Write your comment,
3. Click PUBLISH and then WAIT.
4. Your comment will appear, and shortly after, you will be asked to tick and prove you're not a robot.
5.Once you've proved your humanity, click PUBLISH again, and your comment should appear below the post.