Monday 23 January 2017

A Poem A Day 17




Sometimes

Sometimes, I’m fire-charged, incendiary!
All juice, and life – creating – an incandescent
wick of connection and peace and understanding
to light the world!

Sometimes I’m the best that my humanity can be… aware, alive
seeking, compassionate…  I like that me!

Sometimes, though, I’m a duller shade
of human.  Disconnected, disinterested, flat; a hermit
crab shelled in dysphoria, soul-sick and sunk. 
No time for you; absorbed in evading
me.

Sometimes the darkness is so complete
I see nothing but hopeless.  The sorry world no remedy;
but this murkiness is intimately mine.  That broken part of my
flesh-made machine, that always fails me

sometimes.





No comments:

Post a Comment

To comment
1. Select an account, if you have one, or choose Anonymous, from the drop down menu.
2. Write your comment,
3. Click PUBLISH and then WAIT.
4. Your comment will appear, and shortly after, you will be asked to tick and prove you're not a robot.
5.Once you've proved your humanity, click PUBLISH again, and your comment should appear below the post.