Friday 20 January 2017

A Poem A Day 14

Dear Reader


If I knew I would die today
and only had one chance to say
what’s on my mind;
my last hurrah, my final shot;
my chance to give it all I’ve got
What would I say?

I’d tell you that the world is made
not of matter, rules or trade,
or even physics,

but of every small kindness
making threads of connection
to hold us joined;
that caring is not naïve, and
compassion never wasted.
(Even on cynics).

I’d tell you this with my last breath
because only love
can outlive death.




Kerry Miller.



I'm rhyming again...  

No comments:

Post a Comment

To comment
1. Select an account, if you have one, or choose Anonymous, from the drop down menu.
2. Write your comment,
3. Click PUBLISH and then WAIT.
4. Your comment will appear, and shortly after, you will be asked to tick and prove you're not a robot.
5.Once you've proved your humanity, click PUBLISH again, and your comment should appear below the post.